Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Juice Week!

I found a Jack La Lanne juicer at a Goodwill store this past November but was skeptical as to how well it would work. I figured someone donated it because a piece was broken or missing but at $15, I couldn't turn it down! It creeped me out a little bit thinking about if the previous owner cleaned thoroughly so I was hesitant until recently. Two co-workers and I decided to do a 5 day juice cleanse. I am currently on my second round of juicing-I did it two weeks ago and enjoyed it so much I am doing it again this week!

Since I had never used one prior to buying mine so I was able to look up how to clean it on YouTube. I realized it was missing a piece but another online link showed me a simple Macgyver fix. It was a great investment and another testament for buying used!!!

My colleagues had used an app to make their juices but I decided to wing it (surprise surprise). Some of the combinations have been better than others but overall-very tasty. It is actually a lot of work to prep all of the “meals” since they take so many fruits and vegetables to make one juice. Each night I prep all of my meals by washing, cutting and bagging them individually and get the bottles ready. As I had said in a previous post, I reuse a lot of glass and have a ton of kombucha bottles which were the right size for my meals. I've been taking everything to work and keep to the schedule of 8am-11am-2pm-5pm-8pm with cider (warmed, juiced apples with cinnamon) at 9pm. To maximize my cocktails, I have added spirulina powder, coconut water and soaked chia seeds to help cleanse and provide omegas and protein.

If you don’t have a juicer or don’t have the time, there are several companies that deliver such as blueprint. If you find that too pricey, health food stores like Whole Foods have juice bars. I feel great, have plenty of energy for yoga every night and have a clear head. I suggest everyone try it at least once if you are healthy enough for your body to handle it. It is an opportunity to challenge yourself and clear both mind & body.







At work

2 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about this - may I recommend beets...
    Next time you're in town you'll have to stop by for some kale fresh from my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use beets a lot, they are so good with ginger! And I will definitely hit you up for some kale. :)

      Delete