Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cinespia Saturday

I experienced Cinespia for the first time tonight and loved it! I went with some girlfriends-two that had been before and another newby like me. Since it was my first time, I followed the lead of my friend Alicia who knew all the tricks. We purchased our ticket in advance and got there hours before the gates open. We found our place in line by 5:30 and were close to the front. Part of the fun is to get in line early so you can 1) get the best seats and 2) start the party early! People  brought food and drinks and it was a huge picnic for an hour and a half. The gates open at 7 and you walk through the cemetery schlepping your picnic to a grassy area at the west end of the cemetery. A huge mausoleum wall is where the movie is projected but doesn't start until 9. We settled into a good spot near the front and ate/drank more. The movie was Alfred Hitchcock's "The Man Who Knew Too Much". I loved it! I don't think I've ever seen one of his films but it was so good and really enjoyed watching Carey Grant and Doris Day as older actors. I'm definitely looking forward to doing this another time or two before this summer is over!

If you go, I'd suggest a couple things:
-Bring layers, it was hot in the afternoon but freezing and damp once the sun went down
-Pack plenty of snacks and remember  alcohol is allowed
-Don't forget blankets, towels or chairs (something to park yourself on)
-Grab a trash bag for anything you finish 

It was a great night for only $13!!

In line








No comments:

Post a Comment