Sunday, August 12, 2012

Biking LA

I have been trying to get out on my road bike lately. It has been a great opportunity to see different areas of LA that I wouldn't experience if I was driving. I found my way to the LA River Bike Trail after a friend recommended I check it out and it was an awesome ride. I biked from Silver Lake to Burbank with a beautiful view on one side, and a freeway on the other-typical LA life! I exited the trail in Glendale and found myself exploring small suburbs like the equestrian estates in Burbank Rancho. There were beautiful old homes from the 40's & 50's, horse crossing signs and a large, relaxing park. I also went by the Disney Animation Studios and passed some restaurants that I want to go back to try!



On the way home, I road through Franklin Hills. I had driven past the small neighborhood sign a couple times and thought it would be fun to see what the area was like. I don't recommend trying to bike it, it was made up of really steep hills. Once at the top though, the houses were old and the streets were sweet with tons of character. There was an old estate on the top of the hill names Pendragon Haven that I desperately wanted to sneak up to but I didn't.







I ended up riding just under 20 miles. It was a great afternoon. Then I made a vegan carrot cake. :) What would be a good workout without a bunch of calories afterward?!




No comments:

Post a Comment